Frequently Asked Questions
See the information below for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Help with Creating an Account
- Online Selling Information
- Face-to-Face Sales Information
- Product Information
Help with Creating an Account
I am a leader and have a Scout who wants to sell online. Can I use the same email address for my Scout's account and my leader account to view my unit's online sales?
No, each account created on trails-end.com (Scout, leader, council, consumer) requires a separate email address.
I am trying to create an account to view online sales for my unit. What is my validation code?
Please email Trail's End at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your council to receive your validation code. It is important that you include the following information within your email:
Your Unit Type and Number
I do not see my unit in the drop down menu when creating my account?
If your unit is not listed, please contact your council.
What is the difference between Online Sales and the Popcorn System?
As a leader you will need two separate accounts to manage your sale:
- An account to view online sales. This account is separate than your Popcorn System account and can be created on sell.trails-end.com. This account is used only for viewing your Scouts' online sales.
- A Popcorn System account. This account is used to enter your unit's product and Scout rewards orders, and to get face-to-face sale data. Sign into your Popcorn System account here.
Online Selling Information
How does online selling work?
Each Scout needs to self-register to sell online. Here are a few steps on how your Scouts can get started:
- Go to sell.trails-end.com and click on Create An Account in the upper right-hand corner.
- Create a new account with your unit information. If you are under the age of 13, you will need parental approval to activate your account.
- Once your account is created, you can send emails to friends and family members. They can click on your Scout-specific link (within the email you send from your Scout account) and make a purchase on your behalf. Trail's End will directly deliver the product to your customers.
- Track your online sales once you are logged into your Scout account on sell.trails-end.com.
- All online sales from August 1 through your council's sale end date count toward your Scout Rewards. Your sale end date can be found on the Order Report page.
Where can I find my council's fall sale end date?
This date will be located on your Online History page within your account. If you have additional questions, please contact your council.
Where is my Scout ID?
The new trails-end.com site does not require a Scout ID.
How do I view my Scouts' online sales?
You can view all of your Scouts who have registered to sell online and their online sales within your account on sell.trails-end.com. Please note: This account is separate from your Popcorn System account.
How long does it take for orders to show up on my unit's online sales history page?
Online orders will appear on your Order History page when the order has shipped. This is usually within 24 hours.
Online orders placed between August 1 and your fall sale end date count toward Fall Sale Rewards. You can download a report showing all sales between this time period when ordering rewards.
70% of every online sale is returned to local Scouting. What does that mean?
70% of all online sales go to the Scout and council supported with an order. Your council sets your commission percentage for online sales.
How does our unit receive the online commission each Scout has earned from selling online?
Trail's End makes payments to councils at the end of every quarter for online sales. Councils are then responsible for paying their units the amount earned for online sales. Please check with your council to find out when and how they make those payments.
Face-to-Face Sales Information
My Scouts need more order forms. Where can I get more?
Please contact your council to obtain more order forms.
Where do I place my unit's face-to-face product order(s)?
These orders should be placed in the Popcorn System. Do NOT use trails-end.com for your face-to-face product order(s).
Where can I find nutrition information for each product?
Nutrition information for each product is available on the Product Catalog page. Scouts' customers can also find nutritional information for each product offered on www.trails-end.com.
Are Trail's End products Kosher?
Please click the below links to view the Kosher Certificate for Trail's End products.